Using Vritual Machines..

Punito

Using Vritual Machines..

Mensagempor Punito » Qua Mar 17, 2021 12:19 pm

I'm unable to find any rules stating it's not allowed to run a virutal PC, yet I might get banned for it?

First off, VM means a Virtual Machine, and it's a way to run a emulated computer instead of having to actually have a physical PC.
At home I have a server running a HyperV, and I use shitty laptops to connect to a Windows VM, since the server has more power than the actual laptop. This is a way for me to have a more powerful Windows running on a very light and cheap PC. Its not a unique set up but probably not that common.

Yesterday a GM popped up next to me and basically told me that If I keep using VM i will get banned next, and I still havent had any explanations to why.

I get ZERO benefits running on a VM compared to a "regular" PC.
I can do EXACTLY the same things on a regular PC as I can do in a VM.
VM is a much safer enviourment than running it on my main PC.

So the differance from me not being allowed to use a VM, is that I have to boot up a physical PC and then I'm back in exactly the same gaming situation, except it's not virtual but physical.

I feel that somebody has gravely misunderstood what a VM is, and is considering punshing me for something not even mentioned in any rules.

TL;DR: I would like an clarification why I can't play from a VM since it does not give me any benefit nor does it break any rules.

Thank you and kind regards,
Tin

Archen
Nickname: Archen

Re: Using Vritual Machines..

Mensagempor Archen » Qui Mar 18, 2021 12:05 pm

Hello,

Please contact GM Theaso or Tamaxmus via Discord so they can verify your query.

Punito

Mensagempor Punito » Sex Mar 19, 2021 4:38 am

Hello,

Please contact GM Theaso or Tamaxmus via Discord so they can verify your query.
Doubt it since I got ignored when I was thretened with a ban and I got ignored on Discord, is there any other way?
Like I am not expecting any special treatment I just dont want to get banned for a made up rule, that's not on the website.

Like I can't even bother spending crystals on scrolls right now during 2x since I'm thinking you might ban me anyway for whatever reason you feel. This is what happoens when you make up rules and then ignore people.

Archen
Nickname: Archen

Mensagempor Archen » Sex Mar 19, 2021 4:50 pm

Hello,

Management's orientation is not to use virtual machines, at risk of being banned.

Voltar para “English”